Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Because, 8 is great!



He did so big! 



  Tyce had his first pool party.  His cousin Nash turned five and Tyce got to put on his first bathing suit!  He loved splashing in the water, and seeing all his big cousins. He also got to play games and was in the bounce house :).  I love seeing my baby explore.  



Tyce and Royce

Tyce and Aryana



Bounce boys!


They were doing some sort of dance with all the little ones, too funny,  oh my sister.


Mmm dinner was great now my cousins are loving me :)



Hi Nolan, I love you!
  And my beautiful boy turned eight months old and with eight months his personality is ever evolving. He knows how to get our attention, he fake cries, he fake screams then laughs when we pay attention to him. He flips every single time I try to change his diaper.  He holds his own bottle (these things he has been doing for at least a month). He babbles and has a scooter crawl.  I don't know if he is on track, I don't know if he is too far behind. I try not to dig into it often or ever. I know he will do things, I know he will do A LOT of things, I know that they will come.  What I do know is that today he is doing amazing things and he is a fighter, he is determined, healthy and happy.  And I don't think I am in any denial, I don't think TJ and I lie to ourselves, we know there is a possibility for this... that... or whatever but the future is that, and it really is so far away.  I never wanted to be a ''special needs'' parent, heck I still struggle with it, but most of the time I really embrace it, not because I have too, but because I know this is what God chose for me this time around. But I also know it does not define me, it is just a part of me, I am a mother first and then a mother of a child with some special needs. I also know that God trusted me this much, to give me this much, then he must have known I could handle it, because even when I thought I couldn't do it, he pushed me, made me wipe those tears and told me I was a mom now to a very amazing boy.  So get up and be his advocate because dammit for some reason I made you a social worker, do work!  So, today we will enjoy our 8 because it is the greatest stage thus far.

  I also get asked if we are having more babies.  Truthfully I didn't know at first. But after testing we found out Tyce has Trisomy 21 which is a non genetic type of Down syndrome, meaning neither TJ or I are carriers of the gene.  And truth be told 95 percent of DS is non-hereditary so it sometimes (95 percent to be exact) just happens.  With all that we have discussed it, ok, we really didn't ever discuss it, we just both have looked at each other and know we are having more, because if Tyce is the only one we will drive him nuts :). 




Favorite new thing, chewing on those toes.  Flexible?

And here are some videos. Shortly after he was hungry so I was unable to capture his scoot crawl, but I will, I'm sure of it!  (ok videos wouldn't load:( will keep working on it).

  
   Thanks for reading and post something if you want!  I really do like reading comments :).  

12 comments:

  1. Happy 8 month Birthday Tyce! I'm so proud and happy for your great and amazing mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very special child for a very special mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Dina, and happy birthday Tyce! Those last two pictures are TOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (happy 8 month birthday of course)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog a couple of months ago and your amazing outlook has been such an inspiration for me. My daughter is 21 months old and I still struggle with her T21 diagnosis. For me your words continually reaffirm that everything will be okay. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love you tycey your a wonderful baby boy !! :) I can't wait to watch you grow older.. its been a good happy 8months ! And it will be a good life. :)

    Love Tia Jany.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 8 months Baby Tyce!! We all know that you are a wonderful blessing in our lives and we are able to continue watching you grow and do new things!! May God bless your Mommy and Daddy and you Baby Tyce!! Much love to all of you!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! this child is an Amazing Angel.
    He brings tears to my eyes, his joy his smile is just full of life. If we hold our children close to our hearts we will be simply overwhelmed with Love. God has a way of giving us gifts that we need and your blog is a gift from God.
    Thank -you Mrs. Matchinsky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 8 plus months ago .. I seen you carry this child.
    I knew the way you carried him you were ready to be a mother, I knew you would love this child unconditionally. I also seen in your eyes how much you wanted to be a mother.
    You teach me one thing how to fight the battles that we don't choose, and too keep going not for ourselves but for those that love us. I see the twinkle and the smile Tyce has when he hears your voice. I see the Love this little man has added to your life. God works in mysterious ways.
    If I can say that God gives us people in our lives for a reason, I would say you are a gift from GOD.
    love dearly, tomorrow you celebrate another year of Life~
    ~Happy Birthday Beautiful Lady~ and to your beautiful Boy I say Happy 8 plus months Tyce.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all Happy 8 months my wonderful nephew Tyce Coronado Matchinsky. You are a blessing that God has given our family and you always warm our hearts with your sweet tender smile. Your mommy and daddy are amazing...they help us remember that we are fighters and no matter what our family loves and sticks together like glue so that we overcome any trial. Dear Lord, I am so amazed at your love and how we can clearly see it through Tyce, Dina and T.J. Thank you Dina...you show us how to be strong and just want you to know...I am proud to be your older sister...love always Tia Martha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for the beautiful comments, comments like those really make my day! Love you all, really!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post Dina. Love to see how well the amazing Tyce is doing. He looks so strong. And your words of course are delightful to read. To show your love for your little man and be the best mommy. Happy 8 month high fives from your buddy Owen!

    ReplyDelete