Search This Blog

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Noah's Birth story




   May 29 came and went. I long anticipated the birth of my second born. We had changed his name at least half a dozen times. As May 31 approached (Tyce's birthday) I began to get really nervous I did not want them to have the same birthday, but secretly I didn't care anymore I wanted to meet my little boy. On Tyce's birthday I had things planned just in case I went into labor, well no contractions so I last minute planned a cake and pizza family party, I wanted my boy to feel special and Mickey Mouse cake he got! And of course he will forever have his own birthday (unless baby #3? if that be the case, decides May 31 sounds fun too). Weekend came and still no baby. Saturday night TJ and I went for the longest walk, we couldn't believe that he was this late.  Not one single contraction, I had bouts of maybe.. or ohhh this could be one... and no, nothin. I went to bed at 10:30pm, I had a long conversation with God about his timing, and praying everything went as he wanted it to go. I decided finally I would just leave it up to him, as I was attempting to control the baby's timing to my liking ( I think it worked). I finally asked my mother in law to stay the night in case this was it, and someone could stay with Tyce, luckily my instinct was correct and I didn't have to drag Tyce out of bed otherwise we may have really not delivered his brother in a hospital but rather the parking lot.
  12:47 am on June 3rd I felt a very abrupt  change in how I felt, my first intense contraction. In the time it took me to find a pen to write the contractions  down I had already had two. The next contraction was 6 minutes apart followed, by 5 then 4. I called the hospital they said to head on down. We arrived at the Hospital by  1:16 am. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it up the stairs to the delivery room. I came in dilated to 7 and within half an hour I was at 9. Dr. Taylor had still not arrived until close to 2:00 am by 2:10 am he told me it was clearly too late for an epidural and he proceeded with a numbing shot assuming I would have the baby within an hour and a half (God bless medicine). The shot took its course and as Dr. Taylor was leaving the room my blood pressure shot down very low, I was told it was time and within the grace of 7 minutes we welcomed Noah Timothy Matchinsky at 8Ilbs 1oz and 21inches long. Things all went very fast, the way they were meant to go.





  It was all so different, this time we chose a different doctor, a different hospital I felt very at peace with our decisions, the whole Holland Hospital experience was not for us.  I love the Doctor that delivered Noah, he also delivered one of my nephews. Plus the pediatrician that was on the night Noah was born is Tyce's pediatrician since we left Holland and moved to Zeeland Hospitals, we completely trust Dr. Lirio.  Noah came at his own time, and now 9 weeks later he does things at his time, when he is ready he makes sure we all know it.  I love you Noah Timothy!!!

  Tyce was not the biggest fan of Noah once we brought him home, he didn't understand why we brought home this little creature, why does he cry and why are you holding him so much?!.  Today, he is totally used to him, but that doesn't mean he likes it any more or less. I know one day soon the uncertainties he is feeling will go away and they will love each other. Noah has such an easy temperament that I am sure he and his brother will get through just fine. I have already seen Ty mature into a big brother throughout the summer.



Our departure from the Hospital was a bit different then last time.

And Tyce continues to have his own day :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment